Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to use the Gallery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

bilbo

bilbo

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You can find the Gallery by clicking on the icon on the left of the forum. Just underneath forums, members and chat.

What is a gallery? It's just a place to share pictures with other members of Field to Farm.

Firstly you need some pictures to share.. hopefully of something relevant like Alpacas or things related to small holding and farming. Once you have decided what to share open the Gallery and click on 'Upload' in the top right hand corner.

0upload.png

This will bring up the Upload screen where you get 3 choices. 

1. You can create a new album. If you have a group of pictures that you want to put together then this is probably your best option (and is the example I use in this tutorial). All Albums get created below 'Global Album'. So if you go searching for yours later be sure to click into the Global Album first.

2. You can select an album. If you already created an album earlier then you probably want this option.

3. Select category is for when you want to contribute your pictures with other members on a central theme. For instance we may create a 'Chickens' category. Everyone could then upload pictures of their chickens.

1select.png

As mentioned above, I went for option 1. A box popped up that asked me for a name and a description. In this example I created an Album called 'The Shire' and added a description. I had to scroll down to find the Save button which was a bit annoying.

2create.png

After clicking Save it asked me to choose files. So I clicked on the 'choose files' button and selected 3 of my pictures to upload. You can do this in Windows by holding down the CTRL key (CMD key on a mac) and clicking multiple files. 

3upload.png

This uploaded my pictures and then presented me with a button in the bottom right of the window that said 'Review & Publish'.
review.png

I clicked the Review & Publish and got the final screen where it asked me to fill in some information about each picture.

publish.png

That was it.. I clicked the button in the bottom right of the screen to save my pictures and my photos were now online.

All pictures are viewable by everyone so be careful what you upload if you are worried about privacy.