Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

11 acres of agricultural land advice please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

sasha.p

sasha.p

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
we own 11 acres of agri land we applied several years ago for planning for a barn and livestock housing we got as far as getting granted outline planning permission but then I got really ill and it took several years to get better again now im back to normal we feel ready to go again in the rest period i discovered about the book and finally purchased it last week i understand we do not have the land required to do it the book way whic is very dissapointing but is there any other way ?should we just re apply as before and get an agri building established first? I have kept livestock for years poultry ducks turkeys and want to use the land for pigs we have a lot of wooded areas on sloped ground but since reading some of the book the past two days i have had my mind opened up to the idea of worm farms as well and would love to know more im trying to read as much as i can when i have time to sit down its always been my dream to have my own hoem where i can tend to our animals and live on our land our plot is right on the edge of the settlement boundary and we do have an old building there which the council claim is not on their maps but I have a copy of an ordanance survey map that im sure shows it which the solicitor gave us when she done the inital search on the deeds etc when we bought it many years ago i need some proper advice as really cant afford to do things the wrong way

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
Hi Sasha - welcome to the forum. Please send a pm to a moderator and give them the password which is the last word on Page 2 so that you can be moved into the Book Owner group and have access to the rest of the community forums. Then we shall be able to answer your question properly and ask you for some more specific information.

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hi Sasha and welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing more about your situation and as Cornish Gems suggests, please pm one of the moderators in order to become classed as a book owner so that the whole site is then opened up to you!

Romany

sasha.p

sasha.p

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks I think I did msg admin but have not heard back yet will try again now :)

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Sasha - Admin's new job has meant that he is often bogged down with work entailing many trips abroad which is why Romany and ourselves have suggested that you should send a pm to one of the moderators.

sasha.p

sasha.p

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh I see ok do I just type moderator then?

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
All done! Welcome! We look forward to seeing your input as we are sure you have a great deal to offer us all.