Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can it be done?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

the boo crew

the boo crew

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all after years of trying to find a plot of land with a house on it we have given up, we did find a 5 acre plot with a ruin on it but can only convert the ruin to a holiday let even though it is in the countryside and it was actually a farm cottage in the first place!
Well to get to the point, Can and does the f2f system work we are prepared for a battle with planners but just wondered if anyone has actually managed it? Any advise would be appreciated from members with the relevant experience.
Thanks in advance.

che

che

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationSHROPSHIRE
My advice would be to build the holiday let first then live in it on f2f principles and go for change of use eventually.

Baileys Barn i a good example of this

http://www.pcs.plann...E=/Decision.pdf
che

the boo crew

the boo crew

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi thanks for the advice, we did think about that but the the holiday let can only be used for 3 months out of the year would we not be evicted?

micky1

micky1

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Locationsomerset
it's all in the Book ;)

the boo crew

the boo crew

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The part about the holiday let isn't in the book well not having a 3 month restriction anyway! I have read the book cover to cover (twice) and it all sounds feasible but not easy, these things never are. The question I was asking is can anyone say "yes I have tried it and yes it does work" before I put my hard earned money into it and potentially loose everything
Thanks..

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
Hi - please contact a moderator by pm with the last word on Page 2 of the book and then you can be moved into the Book Owner section and be able to access all of the information available on this site.

This answers to this question should not be given in the General Chat section which is open to all visitors, but should be in one of the Planning Permission Advice Forums.

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Hi Boo Crew,

In simple terms the answer is yes. However, only the dedicated will succeed and that dedication is in relation to not just perseverance with planning but also to the farming business. The farming is harder than the planning although that may somewhat depend on one's knowledge of the planning system and dealing with planning officers.

It is a risk as is any such venture so there is no 100% gaurantee. However, if you (and your family?) are prepared for several years of hard graft and dealing with all the elements that farming WILL bring, then you have a greater chance of success.

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
Can it be done ?
Have you seen the bucking bronco rides you get at parties and weddings ?
Can you stay on for more than a minute ?
Have you seen that huge bendy wire zig zag snake that you have to run a hoop over it with out touching the sides or it buzzes and flashes ?
Can you do it ?
Twice ?
Rubbicks cube ?
Can you do it ?
Pull a pound coin from behind someones ear from an empty hand ?
Can you do it ?
Get a anglian windows rep around to your house on three occasions for 2 hour a time then not buy ?
Can you do it ?
Open a packet of haribos and not eat the lot ?
Ok ill stop now