Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can a business plan be amended for an appeal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

clarissa

clarissa

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I originally had a business plan drawn up to support my intentions but this was refused as I did not meet SMD criteria which in turn meant I did not meet the functionality test or anything else for that matter! Another reason was the lack of mains services which I have previously raised on this forum.

An enforcement notice was served and I lost my nerve to go to appeal following the LA's appraisal with the business plan at this time.

I contacted a local planning consultant who had won several recent cases in my area so I decided to dismiss the original plan and submitted a new application with the support of the new consultant. It made sense to appease the local authority and the new agent has lots of dealings with the LA.

Problem is that now I have far too many animals on the plan, more than my smallholding can sustain and generating more nitrate levels and pollution than a powerstation. The application has been refused because of this and lack of mains services (again)

I wish I had not gone down route of trying to satisfy SMD criteria, (hindsight is great)
I also do not agree with having to connect to mains and am going with the solar option as I'm a million miles from any existing supply and rough estimates are around £40k. If anyone can recommend a solar company I would be most grateful.

I have to go to appeal as the planning officer has already informed me that it (amendments) won't really make any difference as the reply will be just a cut and paste of their previous answer. They could not see any point in letting it go over the 8 week period in which to make a decision as they can't see it would make any difference.

Is it possible to amend the plan for the appeal or do I have to stick to the business plan as the current numbers are far more than I feel comfortabe with and against the high welfare standards and freerange status I wish to retain?
I have now in effect had 2 planning applications and a 3rd may not be viewed very favourably. (not forgetting the enforcement date Feb 2013)

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.