Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

advice wanted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

bjugane

bjugane

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Purchased half acre agricultural land with road frontage, the land is adjacent to a chairman of parish council who i unknowingly outbid at auction for the land and he made his feelings quite clear regarding my purchase. The land has had no use for at least 26 years to my knowledge, so badly over grown. I cleared the site and fenced the boundary and found a small building also a large concrete base where several buildings had been in the past, I am told there was a canteen and toilets that were used by the WAAF during the last war, don’t know how to find out if that is true or if it could be of any benefit to me. I recently had a visit from LPA investigating officer who stated quite categorically that change of use is required, to what he never suggested. I don’t want to live on the land i am retired and would just like to enjoy the land so I considered maybe selling hay and straw and to have a few chickens on the land just to keep the council off my back and maintain the land as agricultural. Any suggestions will be appreciated.. Regards.. bjugane

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
Ask the LPA, from what to what are they requesting? Until that is established, there's no answer to your position.