Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

About to start

start initial new

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

cregy

cregy

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLostwithiel, Cornwall
Hi Guys

We are about to start the road towards land ownership and living on the land. I currently have use of 6 acres of land but it is steeply sloped, North faced and it's use is limited. So we are about to purchase 8 acres. I am hoping this puts us over the 5 hectares area.

We haven't put a business plan together yet, agreed terms on the purchase of land, sorted out finance, etc. It is just a concept but I wondered whether it would have value if I posted the steps as we go and talked about issues we run into etc. I am a complete novice. I have never bought land or built my own house but I am inspired by David's book. I have had a dream about building since I was 4 and this is possibly a chance. Of course I might fall down on the first hurdle.

Let the journey commence! Let me know whether it would help to document the steps.

Thanks for reading

Rich

--

Richard Brown

Watching snails race and paint dry

http://wild-woods.org.uk/

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Hi Rich, welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest starting a new diary in the 'members diaries' forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: start, initial, new