Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Planning Act Queries

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Micko

Micko

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi Dave,

I have a couple of detail questions for you if that's OK which I'd be very grateful for your thoughts and clarification. We are seriously considering moving onto our land shortly using your system in the book but am not entirley clear with some aspects:

1. The T+CP Act 1995 part 5 states that the use of the land as a caravan site is permitted development when also read with the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 1st Schedule, para 9. Para 9 says that a caravan site licence is not required when undertaking building and engineering operations (a barn). My question is....we have no intention of developing the land as a caravan site but do we actually need to go down the route of appearing to want to set one up and contacting the various caravan clubs? or is it sufficient to just place your own caravan on the land?

2. The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 1st Schedule, paragraph 13 is titled "Power to withdraw certain exemptions". This appears to provide the local authority with power to apply for omission of paras 2 to 10, therefore revoking the case where a licence is not required. I would be very grateful for your thoughts on this point in particular please.

Thanks - Micko

Guest_Dave_*

Guest_Dave_*
  • Guests
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.