Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wild Fruit Jelly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

GOSlady

GOSlady

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth West
I am sure you all have lots of fruit this year . Just a little thing we do to put on the stall to go with our meat . We only sell a few pots a week but it all helps so today i have come back with lots of wild cherry Plums .
we sold them fresh at the market at £4 kg but there are so many that i am making some jelly infused with lemon thyme .
We have the Kitchen at home EHO'ed as well has the cutting room . So we can sell stuff we make at home like jam ect with out a problem.
Any Way Very easy
1,stew up our fruit with a little water and no sugar .
2, put the stwed fruit in a jelly bag to drain overnight .
3, measure the juice you have collected and add 12oz of sugar for every 1 pint of juice . 1lb to 1pint if you want a sweet jelly for toast ect .
4. stir in the sugar bring to the boil , boil with out stirring untill you reach setting point 105c 0r 220F
5. remove from the heat and skim off the skum and jar .
Easy peazy lemon squezy .

Heres another Idea for you Rosehip and Apple Jelly , Loads of both of those about this year .

Marakhin15

Marakhin15

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
We went out to the land that we own (50 acres about 1/2 hour from where we live) on Sunday just to enjoy the campfire, do some mowing, pick raspberries and picnic. We have some wild plums and came home with a gallon bucket, full to overflowing. The wild grapes were ripe, so picked a plastic grocery bag full of those. Then there is an apple tree on the line between our property and the house down the hill (currently no one living there, for sale). We picked over 2 gallon buckets of apples. we had so much fun picking the fruit and now I am trying a spiced plum recipe that I found, turned the rest into juice and will make some apple juice and make plum/apple jelly. Also making wild grape jelly (need more grapes, which DH is picking today. Also plan to get started on apple sauce for this winter. I love having that fruit free for the picking (okay we have to pay for the land, so really not free, but I don't have to buy it!) Anyone else love picking fruit whenever it comes in season. We also have black raspberries growing wild and blackberries. I have jam and jelly coming out my ears already