Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Planning on agricultural land

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

xemonsus

xemonsus

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationwarwickshire
Hi all
Bit of a long winded and complex probllem im affaid. Dont know if we have dropped a clanger here but we bought some land about 5 years ago which is green belt agriculural land however we have horses and being as green as the grass we bought at the time we thought we could just apply for pp for stables and menage focusing on the green belt stuff also as far as we were aware farm animals and horses with farms and stables all being the same thing as you always see horses in fields so off we went to the architect to apply for planning which he did complete with drawings and lo and behold about £500 or more later the planning flew through and we build the stables and menage then5 years later and us thinking you only need to get planning from the council we wake up after a question that has been fired at me and we check further our deeds state agricultural as a covenant now we do have goats and sheep coming onto the land rather sharp i might add we already have god knows howmany chickens and we grow and make our own hay trying to be as agricultural as we can as it was always our plan and passion but now i cant help feeling we might be up to our necks in the soft and smelly and its giving me the eebee geebees anyway any help or flaming good ideas much appreciated
thanks in advance

Seagulls flying high

Seagulls flying high

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
It appears to me you are carrying out agricultural activities with the horses as a secondary activity, therefore nothing to worry about.

Pearce

Pearce

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire
As for the menage you can always pose the following questions as to what you have done if you are challenged.

1. Am I allowed to drain my agricultural land?
2. Am I allowed to fence my agricultural land?
3. Am I allowed to fit gates to my fencing on my agricultural land?
4. Am I allowed to put hardcore on my agricultural land?
5. Am I allowed to put sand on my agricultural land?

The answer is yes to all of those questions so then how can you have contravened the covenant of your deeds?