Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

barn needed any advice please I only have 2.7 acres

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Jeff H

Jeff H

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
hi all i have 2.7 acres and am trying to build a plan to set up an agri business, i really could do with a barn as i have a couple of bits of machinery now and would like to keep them secure along with tools for land management and chicken house building materials etc. am i allowed to buy in bailed hay and resale at a profit, and can this be used as part of an agri income, or would this only be counted if the hay was cut on my land. if this is allowed would the strength of these points be enough to apply for permission for a barn. i have a mare and foal in paddocks and put up a double field shelter for these, 1 shelter is for the horses the other i have put a floor in and have turned in to a rest room to get away from the elements, this is on skids, i have put electric to this 1 and was advised by a friend that the electric to it needs planning is this correct. the land use has not been changed and is still agricultural, i did not want to change the use as i wanted to introduce some other animals at a later time. can anyone help me on these points.
many thanks jeff...