Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Donation Thermometer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
The thermometer does not appear to be working as the 'red' is at the same height as it was when we made our donation and since then they have risen to £105, but we feel it should be just over a third of the way up. Is this something you can fix for us please?

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
The donations are now at £135 and we cannot help but feel that if visitors could see the thermometer rising, then they would be more interested in the site should they happen to visit more than once.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Hi,

The thermometer is just a static picture so won't ever change. I'll look into creating something a bit more dynamic (it was done in a bit of a rush).

Thanks,

Steven

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Well spotted CG i did think after i made a donation it would go up and have checked a few times to see if the donations had gone up , it just looks as if no one has donated for ages and i think it should realy be at the top end by now as i am shure you will all agree 48 hrs without this forum is not good when you are used to it being here , even if it`s just to follow what questions are asked , come on people a few pounds won`t hurt to know this site will be up and running in 12 months time will it ??????????????

Shepie

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Well said Shepie! We mentioned it because we noticed that there was no difference in the level indicated on the thermometer after we had made our donation.

We believe that somehow or other this forum MUST keep going. It was given an excellent boost in the beginning before Dave's illness prevented him from contributing as much as he did in the beginning. However, many contributors encouraged the rest of us to continue with the F2F route. The ones that stick in our minds are Dave (of course), Shepie, surreydodger and Ty Unnos.

Now it maybe that many think that this is more of a self-help group rather than anything else - all we know is that we all have something to contribute in our own small way and that we think it would be a very great pity if this was lost.

We have recently received the latest edition of the book and cannot get over how much thicker it now is compared with the first one we bought. The book mentions this forum more than once - we are willing to support and help this forum grow as much as possible as without it, we would feel rather alone!

Phill and Marita