Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AONBs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rdrusty

rdrusty

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Dave,

Great book and delivered very promptly. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and have been doing many calculations over the last few weeks.

My question relates to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. I live in Dorset and have found a piece of land for sale that is the right size, by a main road, good access, no footpaths etc but, like most of the county, it lies in an AONB. Would I have no chance at all to obtain permission to erect a barn? I would plan to build one in keeping with the local vernacular.

many thanks for your thoughts,

Rob

Guest_Dave_*

Guest_Dave_*
  • Guests
Hi Rob
You need to find out if the land has an article 4 direction on it, if it has this removes the permitted development rights from the land and the system in the book would not work.

damagedgoods

damagedgoods

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I'm now looking to buy some land that falls within an AONB - there is no article 4 restriction on it. is it likely that it will be put on it?