Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trouble signing in

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
When I sign in it says "invalid user name". I then go to the home page and click on forums and it seems I am actually signed in. Whereas before, when I signed in I went straight to the forum. It is becoming slightly tedious, is there anything that can be done or is it me?

Regards
KChally

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Hi, sorry to hear about that. I made some changes to the site that means your cookies might be causing the problem. This site shows how you can delete your cookies in internet explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835

Lynne

Lynne

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationYorkshire
Hi Steve, I'm having the same problem (I've already tried deleting cookies in internet explorer but it hasn't worked). I also keep getting the message that windows keeps having to change to compatibility view when I'm on F2F too ??

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Hi, I'm aware of both problems but need to get a few hours to fix them. Should all be done before the end of this weekend.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Hi, hopefully the cookie problem and the compatibility view issue are now resolved.

Could you let me know if you still have any problems?

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Sorry Steve, still having the same problem :(

KChally

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

KChally

Could you try signing out, then sign back in and make sure the 'remember me' tickbox is ticked?

Lynne

Lynne

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

KChally

Me too :(

brocade

brocade

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I'm having the same problem - says "invalid password" each time, though when I go onto the forum it tells me I am signed in.

Burl

Burl

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationChichester
me too
Burl

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
Am looking at it. Please respond if it starts working for you so I know when it's fixed.

Thanks,

Steve

ipbwi

ipbwi

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I'm Matthias, Steve engaged me to solve your login issues. I'll now look at your accounts. In most cases, it'll help to sync passwords of both accounts. I'll now create new passwords of each account who reported a login issue here, you'll receive the new passwords via email. This password should work with same username on Wordpress and IP.board for logging in.

It would be great to get a feedback in this topic here after you've received the email with new password.

If there is a case you'll not be able to login anywhere, please contact me directly on [email protected]

Kind regards,
Matthias

ipbwi

ipbwi

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
You've all received emails with your new passwords now. The login should work now without any problems. Please don't forget to change your passwords after your successful login.

Kind regards,
Matthias

Burl

Burl

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationChichester

You've all eceived emails with your new passwords now. The login should work now without any problems. Please don't forget to change your passwords after your successful login.

Kind regards,
Matthias

Sorry same result with new password, dont know how to change my password even if it did work,, would need the help of a kid. :lol:
Burl

ipbwi

ipbwi

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Burl,

please make sure you've copied your new password without any trailing space. I've just checked login through your account with the new password and it works without any problems on my side :)

Password is (when logged in) changeable here: http://www.fieldtofarm.com/wp-admin/

Kind regards,
Matthias

hobbitmeadow

hobbitmeadow

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNorfolk
May I suggest clearing cookies followed by refreshing cache memory and also clearing history as all theses things can give the results you are getting.

History is my bet as when you try to login the cache will use history heading to find page

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Sorry, used new password to log in and it behaved the same as the original - said error, wobbled a bit, so clicked on "back to field to farm" then clicked on forum and here I am, logged in.

Will keep trying different things, like clearing cookies etc (have also done this before).

KChally

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
I can also sign in using my original password, but I still have the same problems.

KChally

KChally

KChally

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
I have just done an experiment and managed to sign in using any word for my password. How can this be? It still said there was an error and I had to click on "back to field to farm" etc as before, but it still showed me as signed in as KChally.

It would appear therefore that a secret password is not required!! HELP

ipbwi

ipbwi

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I assume that you are using webaddress http://fieldtofarm.com/ without www. - this could generate problems when logging in. I've now created a redirect from http://fieldtofarm.com/ to http://www.fieldtofarm.com/ so there is only 1 domain to reach the website - this should avoid this problem for future.

Login should now work when going on http://www.fieldtofarm.com/

The following steps will avoid problems with first successful login:

Now try logging in - you should not have problems anymore.

Kind regards,
Matthias

PS @ KChally: there is no security hole, I assume that you've not been logged out from forum properly because you've still some cookies saved in your browser from either www.fieldtofarm.com or fieldtofarm.com