Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Two business plans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Phae

Phae

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCornwall
Hi,
I am still no further on with selling my flats in Nottingham, so in the meantime I am reading, planning, researching, it keeps me from going crazy as we have been 'in limbo' for about 3 years now. So, my next question is:
I get that you need to present a business plan to prove an agricultural need for your barn (esp as we are prob going to be putting in our PD notice for barn with pretty empty fields, need to get on as soon as poss as paying £800 a month rent) Then we will spend the five years building the barn and building up our smallholding. We do want it to take this long, as we know how long it takes setting stuff up (just our allotment took forever and that was tiny in comparison!)
But then, when we put in our business plan for the 3 year temp permission we are obviously putting in cash flow forecasts and specific figures with the aim of making agri minimum wage for one person in year 3 (£12,000???) So my question is, the first business plan for the barn PD is that just pretty vague with no figures in as it is just proving a practical need for the barn? E.g. 'We need a barn to store our tractor etc and animal feed for x and y animals.....'?
Thanks for your help!
Phae

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Hi you won't need a business plan for pd but may need to show what the area of the barn is being used for ie. 50 sq m for straw and 50 for feed etc
It's a farm not a small holding
You will realistically need to put in your 3 yrs temp app anger 12-18 months
It's more like 14-30k depending on your counci

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
Yeah I heard 18k for min wage plus 5% of the cost of a house build (plus potentially 5% return on the land purchase price)

Phae

Phae

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCornwall
Thanks for your help! Phae