Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do I submit a 28 day notice????

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Rachb46

Rachb46

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hiya, I'm unsure how I submit my 28 day notice. Is there a form? Or do i just submit a plan and spec?

Thanks Guys

Greenbeast

Greenbeast

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

register on the planningportal, there you can submit all your details, documents and plans, and pay.

It then gets lodged with your LPA

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

go on to your local council website, look for planning applications, you can down load the form from there, 

this will help too

https://www.gov.uk/d...ted-development

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Pay a planning consultant to do it for you, even whilst following the f2f route
Your chances of success will be greatly increased

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

If you go to your planning office they will have forms available.   You can then take it home and submit it at your leisure with any attached notes.  When you hand the form back make sure you get a receipt and hand it in on a friday late afternoon.  The clock starts to tick when you get the receipt.

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

The day after receipt, (hand it in on 23rd first day of the 28 is 24th)

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The day after receipt, (hand it in on 23rd first day of the 28 is 24th)

I am sure it is the day you get the receipt.

"The statutory period (in accordance with paragraph A2(2)(cc) of Part 6) ends on "the expiry of 28 days following the date on which the application was received"

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Why are you presuming she is going to have a problem
Maybe she has a genuine application for a barn that's needed !!!!

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

boiow

we thought that and was wrong, trust me

shepie 

Hope she doesn't have a problem, however if you have to ask how to apply for PD ( alarm bells should start ringing) 

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

boiow

we thought that and was wrong, trust me

shepie 

Hope she doesn't have a problem, however if you have to ask how to apply for PD ( alarm bells should start ringing) 

I am quoting the regulations.  The regs are the regs.

billie

billie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationsouth coast

A good time to submit would be just before the easter break 3 bank holidays in the 28 days and extra staff on leave.

Good luck with it  

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

From GPDO, Part 6 -

the expiry of 28 days following the date on which the application was received by the local planning authority without the local planning authority making any determination as to whether such approval is required or notifying the applicant of their determination;

We're into pedantic word meaning here but as it reads, the fact that it says 'following' the day your application was put in, seems to suggest that the 28 days starts the day after submission. 

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
It does start after the day of receipt this was pointed out by SD or WO ?
Tottenham I agree that's why I said about an agent to do the app

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Shepie

couldn't agree more, hope she takes advice

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

mine was received on the 18th of feb, registered on the 20th of feb, deadline date was 19th March, they replied 19th March….

billie

billie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationsouth coast

They are out of time J and H clock would start running on the 19th feb 28 days 18th march  did they allow it?

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

i did think that, but SD said they where spot on…anyway, made no difference, they approved without any further conditions, so i'm happy...

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

If the council deemed they didn't have PD rights, the 28day is immaterial. They just don't have the PD rights!  

boiow

boiow

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

From GPDO, Part 6 -

the expiry of 28 days following the date on which the application was received by the local planning authority without the local planning authority making any determination as to whether such approval is required or notifying the applicant of their determination;

We're into pedantic word meaning here but as it reads, the fact that it says 'following' the day your application was put in, seems to suggest that the 28 days starts the day after submission. 

To be clear about this.  We are actually saying the same thing.  If you put the PD in on the 1st  of April then it ends on the 29th of April.

Rachb46

Rachb46

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Thanks guys! It's all a bit of a mine field! I've read the book from cover to cover multiple times. Just completed on our own 20 acre agricultural piece of land and wish to open a rescue/petting farm. Does anybody have any advice?? The local council are saying this isn't an agricultural activity. The book says it is as long as "some of the animals are farmed to produce an income".