Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My website

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi, please take the time to visit my website and register.

www.mountainviewproduce.com

Gizmobgood

Gizmobgood

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
website looks great !
where are you and where do u deliver 2?

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)
Hi, have just looked at the website have things changed recently, as there does not appear to be a postal address or a contact telephone number on your website. The reason I ask is we were told that we had to have these under some Electronic Selling Act cannot remember the full bit, the designers were adamant that these two facts needed to be displayed. Especially as we were  selling a product.

surreydodger

surreydodger

Agricultural Planning Advisory Service

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex
That's a really nice design MV. Thumbs up :)

BTW, how do you post eggs??

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi Guys, thanks for the vote of support  :-*

Gizmobgod - I amn Torfaen, Cwmbran, and deliver to surrounding areas or post orders.

2Devonians - I don't understand what you are saying - Have I missed something?  I have been very busy with newspaper interviews and radio interviews to do with the soaps  :D

surreydodger - Thanks for your nice comments xx  The eggs are wrapped and posted in polystyrene egg boxes.  ;D especially the goose  eggs.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Hi, we had looked at your website and we could not find any contact details ie a telephone number or an address. We wondered if things had changed as when we had a retail shop that we put on line the website designers said that it was law that if you retiled you had to have contact details and it needed to be phone and address, this was for customer service etc.

Not trying to cause a problem we may have just missed them.

Gizmobgood

Gizmobgood

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
ok cool
so youd be able to send meat products all the way to watford herts?

its makin me hungry just thinking about properly raised, rare breed meat

PumpkinEater

PumpkinEater

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationScotland
Hi - until recently, my partner and I had an online business selling children's games and toys and had to follow The UK’s E-commerce Regulations in order to keep the website legal and avoid the risk of having to pay a fine.

The following is the minimum information that must be on any company’s website (from OUT-LAW’s guide, The UK’s E-commerce Regulations).

* The name, geographic address and email address of the service provider. The name of the organisation with which the customer is contracting must be given. This might differ from the trading name. Any such difference should be explained – e.g. “XYZ.com is the trading name of XYZ Enterprises Limited.” It is not sufficient to include a ‘contact us’ form without also providing an email address and geographic address somewhere easily accessible on the site. A PO Box is unlikely to suffice as a geographic address; but a registered office address would. If the business is a company, the registered office address must be included.

* If a company, the company’s registration number should be given and, under the Companies Act, the place of registration should be stated (e.g. “XYZ Enterprises Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1234567″)

* If the business is a member of a trade or professional association, membership details, including any registration number, should be provided.

* If the business has a VAT number, it should be stated – even if the website is not being used for e-commerce transactions.

* Prices on the website must be clear and unambiguous. Also, state whether prices are inclusive of tax and delivery costs.

Finally, do not forget the Distance Selling Regulations which contain other information requirements for online businesses that sell to consumers, although a lot of companies do not seem to abide by all of these especially when selling on a site such as eBay.

happymanoftheworld

happymanoftheworld

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Hi - Like your site. :D

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi hmotw

Still going strong too, mad at this time of the year lol

Tracey

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Hi Tracey - we note that your earlier 'ads' for want of a better word regarding fowl, pigs, goats milk, hatching eggs and feeders, etc do not appear to be 'readable'. We keep on getting a driver error - indeed this is true for all the 'ads' which have lost the date for their last posts. Do you still have hatching eggs?

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Hi Tracey - we note that your earlier 'ads' for want of a better word regarding fowl, pigs, goats milk, hatching eggs and feeders, etc do not appear to be 'readable'. We keep on getting a driver error - indeed this is true for all the 'ads' which have lost the date for their last posts. Do you still have hatching eggs?

This may be down to admin - Perhaps Steve or Dave A could sort it? It would be useful to still be able to access all 'old' posts whatever the topic.

Romany

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
All should be fixed now. Please let me know if you find any more oddities on the forum. Thanks, Steve

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Hi MV
I can't access the site - it comes up with a page saying 'Your hosting has run to end. To renew please contact
Creative communications on 01633 281 515.'

Hope it's nothing major

Romany

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts
I've added a Classifieds section today (waiting for flight home from New York and bored as you can probably tell lol).

If you wanted to put a shop up in there let me know.. I'll create you your own 'Shop' area where you can list your produce directly (if you want to continue the mountain view brand rather than dumping things into categories). You can also link back to your own site from any page.

Would solve some techie problems.. if people wanted to buy your stuff and your site goes down you'd get an email with the order from the customer directly where you could work out payment with them separately.

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
Excellent idea - we would like to have a 'shop'.

admin

admin

Littlest Hobo

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Excellent idea - we would like to have a 'shop'.

What would you like your shop to be called?

Mountain View

Mountain View

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

What would you like your shop to be called?

Hi Steve, yes would really appreciate your assistance if you can see your way to setting uup a shope for me. Having terrible problems finding s host for my website as the original peeps are trying to hold me to ransom. Could do with someones help actually lol Anyone know of any reasonalby priced website hosts as the site has been off line for ages.

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Hi Steve, yes would really appreciate your assistance if you can see your way to setting uup a shope for me. Having terrible problems finding s host for my website as the original peeps are trying to hold me to ransom. Could do with someones help actually lol Anyone know of any reasonalby priced website hosts as the site has been off line for ages.

Have sent you a message

Mr Mac

Mr Mac

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Hi Mountain View try www.greengeeks.com. they are very reasonable.

J