Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F2F Fest Autumn 2013

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Autumn Fest 2013 (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be free to attend the Fest on the first w/e in September?

1. Yes (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Don't know yet (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

If attending Saturday how many will there be in your party?

1. Myself only (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

2. 2 of us (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. 3 or more (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

4. Sorry but will not be free to attend the Fest (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

5. Don't know yet (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

If attending Sunday how many are there in your party

1. Myself only (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

2. 2 of us (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

3. 3 or more (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

4. Sorry but wlil not be free to attend the Fest (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

5. Don't know yet (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

Lord and Lady of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationCornwall (formerly Devon)

As some of you know we ended up having a whole weekend Fest in Cornwall last year.

This year we have all been invited to Somerset for the Fest. Fave does Farmer's Markets at the weekends but she is free the first weekend in September so she suggests having it then. 

If you would like to know more about the venue here is the link to Somerset Farm.

Please take part in the poll so that Faye has some idea of what numbers to expect. You do not have to attend both days but, if you are doing so, please complete the numbers for both days.

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Hi Cornish Gems, missed you both!!  I'd love to go as it's close to home for me but I have two small problems. 

One aged 5, one aged 6.  I know its not sensible to take them onto someone else's farm but if I don't take them I can't come..... and I think they would be such a nuisance...... arrrrggghhhhh.

What to do, what to do.... at least I have a few months to try to sort something out :)

ShaunP

ShaunP

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHasfield, Glos

I have gone for the dont know yet....but will be making an effort to keep at least one day of that weekend free!!

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

We have gone for the yes as unless something totally unforeseen happens we should be free that weekend.

We forgot to mention that our host and hostess are called Darkstar. They kindly offered their holding as a venue last year and this year the toilet block should be completed which Faye says should make it more comfortable for everyone. The best way to thank our hosts is to make this fest yet another success!

Darkstar

Darkstar

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Hi Tim'rous Beastie,

You are very welcome to bring the kids.  In fact we have loads of friends who come and stay here with their children and it is never a problem.  Obviously it is a working farm and so we do ask that children behave and are well supervised (we have a dog run which one of my friends threatens her children with as "the naughty children pen" lol.  All of the animals are children friendly with the right approach.  It would be a real shame for you and them to miss out.  It would be lovely to meet our near neighbours on here :-)

Yours,

Faye

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset

HI Faye, thank you very much, and you CG too :) 

lots of long hot sunny summer days coming along to ponder over what to do!

Chris1

Chris1

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCheshire

HI Faye, thank you very much, and you CG too :) 

lots of long hot sunny summer days coming along to ponder over what to do!

Ha..... The voice of a true optimist.
I would really like to meet like souls. Sadly, I'm nowhere near the starting stage as yet, but have so many (feasible) ideas & 'stuff' projects in my head.

Unfortunately, being so far 'up country', + unpredictable working hours/days/weeks between myself & the lovely one, I haven't a clue if or when possible.

Devon Cream

Devon Cream

Piglet

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Well that's stupid! You can't vote for no without poll saying you have to answer the other questions and if the answer is no then the reply to the other questions should be none! LOL

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Well that's stupid! You can't vote for no without poll saying you have to answer the other questions and if the answer is no then the reply to the other questions should be none! LOL

Ooops!! Have hopefully now corrected this by adding another alternative,

Romany

Romany

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
I'd have put "don't know yet" but it wouldn't let me just answer the one question. (I can see what the problem probably is - it's a 'voting' system rather than purely a 'counting' system, as it were). I can't answer the other questions as I don't know at this stage if I'll be on my own or not. So I've not posted a vote.
Wouldn'tit be nice if the weather for F2FF3 was as glorious as it is this weekend?!
Romany

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Romany - we humbly apologise. We have now added 'Don't know yet's so that your vote can be counted!

It's good to see you again and we love the idea of an F2F3. How clever of you to add the '3'! With the way in which this year is racing along (we can no longer work as early and as late as we did in June) it's not going to be long now before the Fest

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset

I've maybe missed the date somewhere up there but wondered if the fest is still going ahead and if so are the dates 7&8 Sept, the first full weekend, or still to be confirmed?  :)

Darkstar

Darkstar

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Hi Everyone!

The dates are 7-8th September.  Please could I have an idea of numbers so that I can make plans?

Thanks,

Faye

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Hi Faye  - count us in for both days. There will be at least 3 of us and we'll let you know if the numbers go up.

We believe we are to bring our own drinks. Well - we have a kettle and a burner and so can do some teas if you bring your own teabags (or coffee).

Is anyone else hoping to stay overnight with caravan or tent?

CG

Darkstar

Darkstar

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Ok,

Here is a brief list of some of the activities:

Pigs and pig breeding including lessons learned

Sheepdog training including demonstration

Daytime BBQ available on Saturday (BYO drinks)

Discussion regarding functional need etc for planning permission

Sheep management

Poultry for eggs

If you can only make one day and are really keen to discuss something then let me know and I will do my best to accommodate :-)

Yours,

Faye

Cornish Gems

Cornish Gems

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Faye - thank  you for giving some idea of the Agenda for this weekend's Fest (F2F3). It sounds very interesting indeed and we personally are particularly taken with the idea of sheepdog training now that we have some sheep because Gem thinks that a dog would be better at rounding up the sheep than she is!

Our caravan does not look as clean on the outside as it was when we first bought it (because of diesel fumes/exhaust) but it still does the job and it is going to do us the world of good to getaway for a short break. It should give us an excellent opportunity to recharge our batteries!

Thank you Faye for making it possible. 

CG

Darkstar

Darkstar

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Hi Everyone!

I can add to the list of activities:

Piglet Cuddling

We have three sows with litters ranging from a few days to a few weeks so it is an ideal opportunity to see all of the developmental stages and if you want weaners you can place your orders as part of each litter is for sale.

Hope to see as many of you as possible!

Faye

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Ok, the Piglet Cuddling swings it for me but please don't give me a squealer!!

We (me, and the 2 boys) would like to come on the Saturday please, can't do sunday as the 5 year old has another party :(

oh can you pm me an address and postcode please Faye?

It's nice to have something to look forward to!

Hope this nice weather sticks around.

micky1

micky1

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Locationsomerset
Hi, think I'll pop along if that's ok. Have the kids and the dog......

Darkstar

Darkstar

Duckling

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Dogs are welcome as long as they are not yappy as that upsets the poultry, kept on a lead at all times and they are VERY sociable with other dogs as I have 4 of my own who are all normally running loose.

:-)