Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Composting Toilet - Waterless Loo - For Sale £750.00

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

thegoodlife

thegoodlife

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

http://www.ebay.co.u...CQAAOSwHMJYMtT5

I first made one of these for ourselves, for our own land and self-build, but our plans fell through and I sold our composting loo on ebay and gained quite a bit of interest and have now starting rolling them out :) 

Composting is not new technology but separating your front and back deposits into separate containers seems to be an evolution from the drop in the one hole idea.

This unit saves around 50,000 litres of water per year per person and gives back everything to mother nature as a fertiliser. Water your wee down as nice fertiliser or just straight, depending on what you grow. Your number 2's, after you have made them, give a sprinkle of wood shavings on top, or like material, which dries them out leaving your cubicle pretty much smell free. Once your no2 container is full you can mix it around a bit before taking it to your compost heap and let it mulch down with your other garden waste. It's that easy.

Text below from ad:

Thanks for looking and happy land loving!

Scott

These items are built to order.

If you would like to pay by BACS contact myself and I will discount £50 from the total order price bringing it down to £750.00!!

These loos would be advertised for less, but as Ebay like to take their own large cut and Paypal like to take theirs, this left us with little profit on an item that is made to save the customer money.

I want to save you money, myself money, and save the environment too! I do not want to line the pockets of "fat cats" if I can help it!

When will my item be ready for collection?

You can expect to have your item ready within 14 days of order for your collection and I will give you updates throughout your build.

If your order is more than one item the time will increase.

Due to site restrictions, no long vehicles or articulated vehicles will gain access, we have a very narrow bridge only passable by car and trailer or large van, transit or sprinter type.

What you can expect from your loo.

No need for planning permission!

It's affordable and functional: Hand-built in Norfolk from renewable, reclaimed and recycled material, and all locally sourced by myself to save you money.

Unique waste separation system = No foul smells or nasty build-up like conventional outside loos.

Comes with a 25 litre solid waste container and 5 litre liquid waste container.

Note: a 25 litre solids container would last up to three weeks for one person before discharging and a 5 litre liquid container would last approximately 20 uses before discharging- the average person wees about 250mm per loo break.

Compartments for wood shavings (available from most pet stores or free from your local sawmill or joiners yard) and space for your loo rolls and other sundries.

This toilet is ideal for any area, and is used by those with land, woods, horses, festivals, charities, eco-campsites, basically anywhere where you would want to have a loo and you have no plumbing, or you want to assist the environment and deal with your own waste yourself.

How it works

Everyone must sit down for a number one and a number two with this system. The rear section of the loo takes the solid waste whilst the front section is designed to take the wet waste. If you would like a waterless urinal please advise.

After a number two just pop a handful of shavings over the waste to keep it dry and free from becoming smelly and fermenting. Once near full you can then move to compost heap. The wet waste (urine) can be used to feed your outside veg plot, etc. A very simple system to maximise recycling and save around 50,000 litres of flushing toilet water per year - per person. 

The unit is on skids for transporting and moving around.

Note: The chains pictured attached to the skids are not included in the sale. The urine separator has a pipe which you can even put a longer section of hose to an outside container for storing a larger volume of liquid. The following fittings will suffice: 32mm push fit or 34mm compression fit pipeing available on ebay or in most or all good diy stores and plumbing centres.

Dimensions

The unit is approx 120 cm x 120 cm x 200 cm (but can be made bigger or smaller to suit your needs).

Weight: Around 80kgs.

What is the unit made from?

The vast majority of the unit, including portions of the box section, are made from brand new 9mm plywood and is dressed in boiled linseed oil to protect it from the rain. The windows are made from recycled 5 litre plastic bottles. The skids are treated fence posts with plenty of life in them.

It is recommended that you later treat these items with paint, linseed oil, or wood preservative.

The internal floor is made from reclaimed wood, either reclaimed floor boards or similar, and are very strong and durable.

The roof material may be felt, metal or coraline, depending on what is available at the time, but will always be of good quality to stop the ingress of the elements. 

The little window/light diffusers are made from recycled plastic.

Please note: As these loos are built to order, they may vary slightly in colour, etc, to the one pictured depending on the source of the wood and other materials.

Organising Delivery

This item is for collection only

For courier estimates we are based just outside Sandringham in Norfolk at a little place called Hillington: PE31 6BZ

Special Requests

We can make the unit to certain specifications, within reason. 

Why not choose the design of your loo light diffusers (made from recycled 5 litre plastic bottles)? Instead of hearts, pictured, you could have fish shapes for a fishing loo, leaf designs for the forest dweller, or even crescent moons for a sky-watchers loo!

Look out for our other designs and builds on our "other items" in future. Bow top sheds and toilets. Mini hobbit houses and Wendy-houses for the garden, goose arks, etc. Why not get in touch and give us your ideas or pictures for what you would like created?

Add-ons

If you want add-on items such as battery operated lights, extra ventilation, fans, dressed timber perhaps, or gold plated loo seats, just ask and I can arrange a quotation.

If you have any questions, at all, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for so much for looking. 

You can contact me at [email protected] fpor more info.

Attached Files