Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can I put a caravan on 2 acres

Caravan

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Pollys Mum

Pollys Mum

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I own 2 acres of agricultural land and manage the surrounding 8 with livestock (sheep).  Only owning 2 acres am I still able to put a caravan on the field for shelter/making coffee etc?  I have no intention of living in it (I have perfectly good home only a mile away) but I would like to exercise the 28 day rule during lambing next year.  I'm currently spending much of my time dashing from home to the field and it would make life easier if I could just spend the whole day there.  

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Yeah go for it

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

errr sorry no you cant if you are going the legal way check out woolley chickens high court case, lucky i am here or you could have wasted a lot of money LOL

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Why not Tottenham? Does she not need a dry restroom ? Welfare facilities etc?

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

yes of course she does,  but she needs planning permission now. i would just get an old caravan camouflage it so it doesn't look like a van and put somewhere out the way if your authority orders you to remove you won't  lose  to much.  

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Yes have to agree with Tottenham 2 acres has no PD rights
As brambles says discrete location but don't attempt to conseal it too much that has been proven not to work

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Nothing what so ever to do with PD!!!!!!!!!!!! if your going down the "yes sir" route you should at least have done a bit of research there are quite a few high court and high court appeals that confirm what your leaders will allow/not allow you to do.

Now the woolley chicken case involved large chicken sheds and as we all know there is no legal definition of a chicken shed (size) therefore the lady Judge turned the case just on the size and bulk and ruled (love that word) its a building and will requirer PP. So where will the line be drawn of what needs pp and what doesn't , i know lets leave to the planners to decide there a fair bunch!!!!

Now a caravan has got a legal definition therefore  ( if was going down the  begging route)  i would tell and show the Colin Day  case and its in aonb (hence no PD).

And this is all legal

WEALDEN DISTRICT COUNCIL -V- SECRETARY OF STATE FOR ENVIRONMENT AND COLIN DAY; CA 1988

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
She wanted to exercise her pd rights re lambing in the caravan !! There are none on 2 acres
I only agree with you on the cheep caravan idea
Don't try concealment , just put it there and only use it for agriculture , I have done this in two other fields for years with no problem at all , it's just down to not taking the p

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Sorry 28 day rule and PD are completely different.

Briefly the lady can only keep a caravan on her land for 28 days in one year simple, then she must remove said caravan. When i read the post she wanted to use it for coffee/shelter which she can for 28 days and even stay in it and will the council allow her to then keep it on site for lambing  not sure the 28 days the legislation is very clear and should not be abused.

No problem applying for pp, apparently lots of people do it.  i am  sure everyone here will want to get their PP applications in before next year as i believe the consultation paper will come into force. 

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Consultation paper? What's that about?

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Yes the whole 28 day thing is if your residing in there over night and woolly chickens is about size
The answer is as you said in the first place put it on there and see how it goes
Didn't realise about class B

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Caravan