Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Small update 😃

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Eve

Eve

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Things are beginning to take shape now, we have left our rented yard and moved the horses over to the new stables paddock, managed to get most of the fencing, track, corral and fields shelters done, but the storage garage still needs a roof and the tack room has yet to be started!
The farm now has a (hopefully) fox proof paddock with a two converted sheds, one used as a coop and the other for storage until we get ducks!
The sheep are also currently residing in this paddock, they've done a good job on getting the grass down, but are a real pain in the arse when looking after the chickens, so they will be moved at the weekend to our first completed pig pen (yet to have a gate and hot wires fitted!). Hopefully the next 4 pig pens (roughly 1/3 acre each) will be finished in a couple of weeks.
Stupid clocks going back have hampered us somewhat, as we have our first pigs arriving next Thursday and no daylight hours in the week around work, so I currently have a pig arc being built in my front room!
Once all the high priority jobs have been done (I expect that'll take until Christmas) Our attention will turn to the planners and applying for a barn, hopefully we'll be able to show good intent and the starting of a business by then.
I plan to open a business bank account next week and try to register/find out our address... It seems my land falls under two completely different postcodes! The stables entrances and a farm entrance on one, but the 'main' farm entrance is on a different road and has a completely different one... I only found out when trying to start a Facebook page for it!
I hope you are all keeping well and are not too bogged down in mud yet! Xx