Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Non Farming, but on Farmland

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset
Hello, am trying to find information on using land for things other than farming. Someone told me land could be used for 26 or 28 events a year with no planning or permission needed, i.e., scouts, clubs, receptions, competitions, training, etc. etc..

I've been asked recently by scouts if they could camp for a few nights and have a friend interested in organising some events for her teenage sons friends, and I'm more than happy to have these things go ahead. However, I will visit our dear friends the planners and inform them what's happening, and fully expect to be told "no, go away, that will be £195 please"!

So my question after that preamble is, where can I find the regulations regarding using your land for the 26 /28 (forget which it is) days without changing its use? Have looked through various threads but didn't find anything appropriate.

Thank you!

TB.

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Sorry, but you need to be a Field to Farm book owner to fully access this section of the forum.

To buy the Field to Farm book click the Products button to the left of the forum. If you are already a book owner please register or sign in and private message Admin the last word on Page 2.

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

tim'rous beastie

tim'rous beastie

Calf

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomerset