Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Latest from the council...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

So, we had a complaint, the Enforcement Officer (EO) came, spoke to Di, Di explained she was staying on the land while she did the work etc etc all OK

The EO response has come through saying:-

It's fine to live on the land while she is doing the work.

and

1. The EO would be making regular unannounced visits to ensure progress is happening

and

2. The static caravan would have to be removed once the work is substantially complete.

I'd be interested in your F2F style views on this.

EDIT - had typed EH, obviously for Enforcement Hofficer... oh dear... I'm tired!

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Whats it got to do with EH

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Text book stuff just as you anticipated,thats what they do you were waiting they came you gave the right answer,they will return you give them the same answer after about 18months they will start getting teasy,you then get into dialogue about a temp application as you business will be up and running,you have dialogue for as long as possible then you sbmit after about 2 years and get your 3 year temp you then go for permanent get it and live happily everafter.SEEMPLES !

Seriously tho that is about the crux of it you just have to gauge their moves stay ahead of them and dont let things escilate,dont waste valuable time resources effort tears on fighting rights or wrong about a caravan.

Push as far as you can be reasonable but cleverer than them.

Dont argue about the static just remember at the end of the day its a moveable structure and when you put your application in word the caravan as anxilary to exixting  agricultural use

All this  common law  which obviously has its uses and results,it  is not the F2F approach it still remains the same

28 dayGPDO

PPS7

NPPF

adrian007

adrian007

Farmer Giles

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Yep, I reckon it's just the start.

We have an additional issue - Di is 52% disabled, got a Harley Street doctors letter giving the %age. She is recovering, but her condition is pretty unpredictable and also gets better and worse at random.

Look up CRPS - genuinely, you don't want it. It's in her ankle after a crush injury, it's bad enough we have considered amputation!

Anyway, we think that should take off some pressure in due course

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I would write back a simple letter just stating that you are happy to receive them for visits but they should write (email is aceptable) to make arrangements, give say 72hrs notice as you may not be staying on site, ie living at your normal residence and it is good manners/business practice you arrange a meeting.

You could site health and safety grounds as farms are dangerous, wasted trips from tax payers funds etc but i think just retaining an element of control is useful, nothing to hide but please dont think you can ride rough shot over me.....

billie

billie

Lamb

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationsouth coast

They should certainly make appointments to visit site after the first one, you should insist on this, they  only  have a right of access, if they have good reason to believe a breach of planning law has occurred  , they have no grounds for this as you have already told them what you are doing.

good luck with it

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationvery south of watford

Things have changed with planning and mobiles with the High Court ruling.  

edit-  sorry woolley chickens

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Things have changed with planning and mobiles with the High Court ruling.  

edit-  sorry woolley chickens

explain please?

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

see my PM

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Tony 

How much!!! without proper research, if you did research why you asking so many question on this forum, you should be giving advise with respect .

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I tesearched for 5 years Tottenham and continue to research and learn because im not so arrogant to assume i know everything...

I asked a question of you because i dont understand what younwrote

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

PM = personal massage

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I have no pm, i asked only about the court ruling you refered to

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

i pm you a letter a few days ago to help you with your poatal and address issues and  you didn't have the manners  to say thanks. i even ask if you had received the pm a day after and you blank me.

However iam a nice guy and if you google woolley chickens all will become clear

i research a lot 

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

i pm you a letter a few days ago to help you with your poatal and address issues and  you didn't have the manners  to say thanks. i even ask if you had received the pm a day after and you blank me.

However iam a nice guy and if you google woolley chickens all will become clear

i research a lot

It is true i blanked you, my bad, but i have a habit of doing that when people irritate me, you irritated me

You also chose not to answer a direct question on your farming enterprise ...evens

I havnt studied your letter but i did look at your duck shed case.

tottenham

tottenham

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

whats evens? whats my farm got to do with you? with repect i wasn't seeking advise Tony, you was

in the eyes of the planners, nothing is mobile now. We thought this would be appealed but it wasn't  so now case  iam afraid.  

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Tottenham
What advice was i asking for? I thoight inwas just ranting about the council?!?! When I get a minute ill go look at those threads.

I asked about your farming enterprise because of what you were saying, I was seeking to validate your opinion, quite rightly tou can refuse. Perhaps i was asking because i would find out a little nugget of inormation that could be applied to my enterprise, the duck sheds don't effect me because all of my structures can and do move

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

I would write back a simple letter just stating that you are happy to receive them for visits but they should write (email is aceptable) to make arrangements, give say 72hrs notice as you may not be staying on site, ie living at your normal residence and it is good manners/business practice you arrange a meeting.

You could site health and safety grounds as farms are dangerous, wasted trips from tax payers funds etc but i think just retaining an element of control is useful, nothing to hide but please dont think you can ride rough shot over me.....

Thats just poking a snake

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Thats just poking a snake

i wouldn't disagree, however if you want to go and see them generally these days you need to make an appointment, wheres the difference? also fear (of upsetting them) is something they rely on to bully people....personally i think a polite letter asking, informing them they need to give notice is not out of the way

the way i wrote it would probably get their back up lol

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

It will be interesting to see the challenges that arise if Martin Goodall has summarised correctly, 

I note the words "considerable doubt" are used as opposed to factually determined say

if in practice it remains in one position for a significant length of time (i.e. for more than a few months). SIGNIFICANT seems in direct conflict with FEW MONTHS (3) that maybe a significant length of time to hold your breath, 

"and suggests" hardly a determination of fact

i suggest the council enforcement letter stating just a couple of weeks ago that my mobile home can stay whilst carrying out engineering works for the significant period of up to 5 years shows that there is considerable doubt to be cast on this article.

and weve not even touched on CL yet.......