Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Distribution cable

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Is anybody aware of a distribution cable supplier that I could obtain 200 metres of cable from?

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Call your local electrical wholesalers (newey & eyre, city electrical factors) - also sometimes good deals on eBay

You'll have a far bit of volt drop in a 200m run - what's it for?

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I had a price for installation of electricity.... The cable was 5k and the estimator told me to look online as I could poss get it a lot cheaper than they sell it to the customer for

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

I assume the estimator gave you a spec?  Call a wholesaler and they can quote you

Sunnysouthdevon

Sunnysouthdevon

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Yes he did, I gave the spec to the wholesaler I use a lot for work and he says as far as he is aware that cable is made for the likes of sse or western power and not available to the public

Jayzan

Jayzan

Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi try Cleveland cables or Batt cables