Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Claire and Davids Journey

field farm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Barnes Oak

Barnes Oak

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello everyone,

Today i start this journey with plans being submitted to our local council for our barn on our field of just under 13 acres. Fingers crossed we do not meet any difficulties in our application.

Having read the field to farm book from front to back has given me hope that there are ways where we can live on our ever growing small holding. Life would simply be so much easier without the daily commute and as a family we could all be involved. At the moment David tends to the small holding and i tend to the children at home as we can't be in both places at once.

I have spoken with an advisor who deals with planning applications of our kind and when i mentioned about living on the land whilst we built our barn he knew the field to farm book very well. He gave nothing away regards whether it was possible or not. He has however asked me to contact him again pending the outcome of the barn, if they accept the barn then the planners have given the amber light that there is an agricultural need on the land.

It would be great to hear of anybody who has succeeded by building a barn and staying there temporarily whilst they built it and had the go ahead to live there for permanently? I will try to read many of your journeys also to familiarise myself with the difficulties also :-(

I will also use this thread to keep you updated

Kind regards

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

not living there….you will be STAYING there…whilst building the barn...

tonydockers

tonydockers

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
There is a farm near me that stayed while constructing and engineering and now has 3 year temporary to prove viability

Ladyfarmer

Ladyfarmer

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Good luck and best wishes Claire and David

Barnes Oak

Barnes Oak

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

not living there….you will be STAYING there…whilst building the barn...

Thank you for this advice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: field, farm