Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

URGENT HELP NEEDED

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sebstar

sebstar

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi everyone,

I have an urgent appeal for any ideas on how to tackle imminent enforcement action to remove a static caravan.

Long story short this is my neighbour who about 5yrs ago put a cottage type twin caravan on his 2 acre nursery site and has been living in it ever since, he then applied for workers accommodation and was granted 2yrs to  show viability  of the nursery, it did not do this and was refused  planning.

He then started an appeal and then in court for some unknown reason withdrew his appeal.

An enforcement notice was issued which he did not comply with, a summons was issued and he attended court yesterday, he was informed that the hearing was about if he was guilty or not guilty of not complying with the enforcement. He thought it was about if the enforement notice was enforcable

The magistrate has adjourned the case for 4 wks before accepting a plea.  My neighbour is convinced that he is ‘in the right ‘ and that the enforcement action will not take place, myself and other neighbours think that they will action the enforcement.

Any advice of pointers as what we could do would be gratefully received. He is 77 yrs old and has an invalid wife. We have the equipment and land space to move the caravan onto other land if this is required to comply with the enforcement.

Many thanks Seb

topper

topper

Duckling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Get hold of LN pronto he ll put the brakes on it  at the end of the day its been there 5 years with no bother

Guest_lumpnuggin_*

Guest_lumpnuggin_*
  • Guests
This is exactly the same as a case I'm already helping a member here with. That case is going along very nicely.

Your friend needs to act quickly.

He WILL be found guilty no question, IF he doesn't use the common law approach.

No other advise on this forum will help him. He is destined to be found guilty and pay up. I'd like to help and I can help. I hate to say it but your friend has some learning to do. My book explains the situation.

Time is of the essence

sebstar

sebstar

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Many thanks for getting back so fast., please could you direct me to which part of the book I need to look at for the common law approach, Any advise on what to do next would be v usefull once agaim many thanks for your reply

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Many thanks for getting back so fast., please could you direct me to which part of the book I need to look at for the common law approach, Any advise on what to do next would be v usefull once agaim many thanks for your reply

Lumpnuggin is referring to HIS book (pdf) on common law that you can purchase from him - it's gone too far now for the field to farm route.  It's the common law route or comply with the notice and move the unit

Droikos

Droikos

Turkey

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMendips AONB, North Somerset
You'll have to stump up some readys, but by all accounts, it will be money well spent for both the immediate and the longer term future. Please give us a blow by blow account. We will be watching with great interest.

sebstar

sebstar

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

How do I get hold of a copy of LN's pdf book?

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

send him a message

sebstar

sebstar

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

err sorry didnt think of that, still fumbling around site, have found messaging, thanks for pointer

Guest_lumpnuggin_*

Guest_lumpnuggin_*
  • Guests
Email received and replied to.