Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

agricultural mortgage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

sodbuster

sodbuster

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi Does any one know of a company who does agricultural mortgages in the south west?For my case i would like to secure the mortgage before i buy the land so the money would aid in setting up the buisiness.I have seen the useful buisiness plan on the forum.
Thanks in advance

Sodbuster

Lynne

Lynne

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationYorkshire
Hi, I spoke to a guy called Mark Andrew at Farm & Country Finance earlier this year regarding agricultural loans & mortgages, he was really helpful but unfortunately my house sale fell through so I didn't go ahead at that time. I believe they deal with people all over the country. I hope its OK to post the link if its not then Dave please remove:

My link

PumpkinEater

PumpkinEater

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationScotland
Hi Lynne - I think that your link is good enough to be put into the Bookmarks section. I think your recommendation is good.

Lots of us are keeping our fingers crossed for you. Looking forward to reading your 'Diary' when you eventually start realising your dream. It should give encouragement to many others of us. Rita

jav

jav

Goose

• Book Owners
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi All

I have just had my mortgage through Farms and country Finance, dealt with a guy called Mark Bracegirdle.
I found him very professional and got us an agricultural mortgage with a leading bank with 1/2 % above base rate.

It was that company that enabled us our purchase of the land. And now about to put in our 28 days notice.

Jav

sodbuster

sodbuster

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi Thanks everyone for all of the information regarding agricultural mortgages. I will let you know how i get on if i need to go down that route,which is looking quite probable.
Sodbuster