Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drop kerbs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jason cooper

jason cooper

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi to you all . This is my first entry here and would like some advise please.

I have recently dug out an entrance into my field and installed gates ect. As this was onto an unclassified road I understood I didn't need planning permission . My lovely neighbours have called the highways who are now insisting I apply for a license to get drop kerbs layed along the highway by a competent contractor with 5m public liability insurance. Has anyone else come across this ?

Thanks  Jason  

elegantstorm

elegantstorm

Wurzel

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

We already had an entrance, albeit tarmac stopped, mud/gravel started.  On the planning for a new building the access detail was also shown to highway spec (solid surface (concrete), width 7.468m at road narrowing to 4.572m 15.24m back at gates, stormwater to ditch not onto road).  A straight line was then cut across the tarmac and concrete poured.  That was it.

Never had planning or highways involved since they were originally consulted as part of the planning.

jason cooper

jason cooper

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think I will casually leave it until I get an official letter .

Guest_lumpnuggin_*

Guest_lumpnuggin_*
  • Guests
Hi Jason

I have done exactly the same as you. I ripped out part of a hedge to enlarge the entrance. I then built a boundary wall and placed in some kerb stones. I never had any hassle from highways.

You might want to read some of my topics to see where I'm coming from but a golden piece of advice from me would be NEVER fill out THEIR paperwork. As I said more of the reasons why are explained further in my topics.

All the best