Welcome to Field to Farm Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prefab flat pack mobile home

Mobile home mobile home spec

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Scott Hodson

Scott Hodson

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hey F2Fers

I have been looking at these prefabricated flat pack modular cubes for the mobile home...

http://www.bauhu.com/cube/index.html

On the face of it you can get x8 cubes to fit the size restrictions
This would be 120m2 so a nice space

As its delivered to site in a flat pack in x8 sections then fitted together to make 1 "moveable" space (or 2) - would these still qualify as a mobile home?

Your thoughts and opinions would really help

Cheers
Scotty

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Does it need a foundation sounds like a great idea im sure the LPA will be happy with one of those and leave you alone  :fie:

A static is the thing to have initially not a log cabin or eco house that can come when you convince the lpa and get planning permission

j and H

j and H

Lord of the Manor

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the deep south west

i think you don't get a lot for your money, 3,330 pounds, you would be better getting a 2nd hand static for 3k

shepie

shepie

Lord of the Manor

• Moderators
  • 1,073 posts
Yes agree stick with a static
We got a 35x10 with d/g and heating for £3700 delivered to site now living in it and a second one for £500 with a log burner which is great for drying clothes etc we also hatch and rear chicks and keep the farm cats and dogs in there

Scott Hodson

Scott Hodson

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
It quotes it doesn't need a foundation... Or am i losing something in irony?

So your thoughts are more towards what the LPA says and acts rather than fitting within the caravan act?

If its prefab to my design then living space is plug and play... So don't get the tiredness argument :) just have another coffee!

Cheers peeps

Scott Hodson

Scott Hodson

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Awesome... Cheers for confidence boost :)

We have shipping containers already so would/could "complement" existing outlook alternatively you can clad them too to suit existing barns which have Yorkshire boarding on

I don't mind you asking at all... Because i see this as a great solution for us F2Fettes

On the face of it 8 cubes costs £40k then you can get solar panels etc

I am interrogating their insulation standards as we speak :) to see if heat recovery is possible - then my plan will be complete with a wood burning stove

Hope i can be a good case study for other people too!

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

If you spend 40k and bespoke the living you will have the LPA and the locals on you like a ton of bricks,a caravan is a caravan , thats what you should be putting there, a mobile home 10 or 12 ft its taking the .... if you move technicaly what is going to be a permanent structure on site before building the barn,it shows no genuine intention of progressing with either the barn or the business. Tottenhams post "Plan B" raises just this point.

Shepie nicely put "You will be on a hiding to nothing"

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Totally agree with everything you say.My point is that life aint perfect and  altho technicaly you can do certain things, on a practical living in the real non idealogical world its not liable to have a good conclusion.

The majority of my comments are made to make people aware of the consequences.

I think there wasnt alot wrong with PPS7 and that there is the facility within the new NPPF to live on your land.

To think about spending 40k on living accomodation without planning is barking,I know more people that have failed doing this than have been successfull

Scott Hodson

Scott Hodson

Chick

• Book Owners
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Great tet a tet going on here...

I am also exploring the build your own box route too with a great architect :)

Two things that are mitigating my risks of 40k

1. Bauhu is a modular system and can scale both ways depending on how the game plays out.
I could turn them into glamping pods if they dont like me
I could keep adding cubes when pp comes through

2. If push comes to shove I take them to another site and live in them there or rent them out

So not barking... But a risk taker :)

I totally agree with BB and the opinions on size. Work to the extremities of what your "allowed"

Shoot for the moon and all that

Groundhog

Groundhog

• Book Owners
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Not a case of their hearts being in it,they for what ever reason have done it wrong,now however they have done it wrong could be a lots of reasons and there is yes a basic floor in the planning system that allows some to do and others not . also interpretation by certain LPA's  of planning policy.Having said that anyone attempting a venture involving planning or involvement from other such bodies would surely take this into account before risking so much be it money or emotional involvement or both.Yes it can be done all I would say is know when it gets to the point that you have lost before you end up losing more than just money

Yes endless knockbacks and hardcore determination it can be done

Shame K Challys diary was lost because to my mind from what I can rememberthat I read that is the best way and genuine candidate for getting permission

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mobile home, mobile home spec